New Berlin School Board member Keith Hastings has resigned from the board, saying he doesn't want his work responsibilities to interfere with his ability to be an effective School Board member.
"I must be cognizant of my personal obligations to my full-time occupation," he wrote in his resignation letter. "It is of great importance to me that those obligations do not detract from any of the official duties and responsibilities of my board position, thus I have reluctantly reached this very difficult decision."
Hastings was elected in 2010 to a term expiring in April, 2013. His resignation is effective immediately.
The board is expected to accept his resignation Monday and decide how to move forward. Because it is likely that the board will decide to appoint someone to serve the nearly one year remaining of Hastings' term, School Board President David Maxey is inviting anyone interested in serving to submit a resume with a letter explaining why they want to be on the School Board to the New Berlin Public Schools office, 4333 S. Sunnyslope Road, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Spending survey for New Berlin Schools to launch in September
- Budget calls for decrease
- New Berlin police notes
- Fire responses up for debate
- Panera wants to open on Moorland Road in New Berlin