New Berlin School Board member Keith Hastings has resigned from the board, saying he doesn't want his work responsibilities to interfere with his ability to be an effective School Board member.
"I must be cognizant of my personal obligations to my full-time occupation," he wrote in his resignation letter. "It is of great importance to me that those obligations do not detract from any of the official duties and responsibilities of my board position, thus I have reluctantly reached this very difficult decision."
Hastings was elected in 2010 to a term expiring in April, 2013. His resignation is effective immediately.
The board is expected to accept his resignation Monday and decide how to move forward. Because it is likely that the board will decide to appoint someone to serve the nearly one year remaining of Hastings' term, School Board President David Maxey is inviting anyone interested in serving to submit a resume with a letter explaining why they want to be on the School Board to the New Berlin Public Schools office, 4333 S. Sunnyslope Road, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fixing New Berlin Eisenhower swimming pool among school recommendations
- New trash, recycle pickup policy in New Berlin on April 1
- Suburban bus services expands for Milwaukee workers
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups