Muskego District 2 Alderman Kert Harenda said he would not run against 3rd District Alderman Neil Borgman in the spring election.
After redistricting was completed this year, Harenda ended up in Borgman's district. Harenda can continue to serve as District 2 alderman until his term expires in 2013 or he could have run for Borgman's seat next year. Borgman is up for re-election in 2012.
"I support Neil," Harenda said. "He's financially and fiscally responsible and he's not afraid to ask questions."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin's Glen Park reopens as Heritage Christian Schools
- New Berlin-based Sportsman Channel gives official closing announcement
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical