The Eisenhower High School football field will officially be named after the school's first football coach Frank Granger, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
Granger guided his teams through 15 winning seasons and to nine WIAA playoff appearances and two Division 2 runner-up finishes. Under his tutelage, Eisenhower won five consecutive conference titles from 1985 to 1989. He was inducted into the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2003.
His overall football record at Eisenhower was 84 wins and 33 losses. He served from 1969 to 1990.
Granger became the varsity football coach when his players were all freshmen and sophomores. Each year another grade was added as they competed at the varsity level during the building period. Eisenhower won its first conference championship in 1973.
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community Fourth of July festivities in 2016
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016