The owner of DJ's Pub and Grill, a property that was involved in at least one controversial proposal to establish a park on Little Muskego Lake, has again submitted plans to the city for a restaurant/bar twice the size of the current establishment and a separate four-family building.
Owner Dan Hewitt had submitted hand-drawn project plans to the city earlier this year, but last summer, the Muskego Common Council refused the needed rezoning, saying not enough specifics were submitted.
DJ's, W18040 Janesville Road, closed Sunday and will be demolished because it's in the way of the Janesville Road widening project.
On Tuesday, Hewitt will be before the Plan Commission with far more detailed plans.
They show the restaurant/bar close to Janesville Road and the residential building close to the shore of Little Muskego Lake.
At the Plan Commission, Hewitt will seek site, building and operation plan approval. That will be separate from the need to change the current residential zoning to downtown revival zoning.
His plans meet city zoning requirements except for the amount of parking required for the restaurant/bar. There are enough spaces for the restaurant, but are 12 spaces short if Hewitt wants to keep to his plan of providing 800 square feet of meeting room space on the lower level for civic groups or family gatherings.
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun