Students of Glen Park Elementary School, which will close in June, will know at least by April 23 what schools they will attend this fall.
New boundaries are being drawn for New Berlin's remaining four elementary schools due to the closing. A few children not attending Glen Park might also be affected by its closing. They could be shifted to other schools, also.
Superintendent of Schools Joe Garza said he planned to present a preliminary school boundary plan to the School Board on March 26, with board approval likely by April 23.
Those dates could be moved up if Garza gets the information he needs from the city of New Berlin regarding the impending development of a large tract of farmland known as section 35 east of Moorland Road. The farmland will receive sewer service so it will be ready for development in the near future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market
- New Berlin and Muskego Police Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- Michelle Witmer Memorial Drive construction to test New Berlin drivers
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16