Students of Glen Park Elementary School, which will close in June, will know at least by April 23 what schools they will attend this fall.
New boundaries are being drawn for New Berlin's remaining four elementary schools due to the closing. A few children not attending Glen Park might also be affected by its closing. They could be shifted to other schools, also.
Superintendent of Schools Joe Garza said he planned to present a preliminary school boundary plan to the School Board on March 26, with board approval likely by April 23.
Those dates could be moved up if Garza gets the information he needs from the city of New Berlin regarding the impending development of a large tract of farmland known as section 35 east of Moorland Road. The farmland will receive sewer service so it will be ready for development in the near future.
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College