Healthier foods and snacks may soon start popping up at New Berlin football games or other school events.
The New Berlin School Board on Monday approved a new food policy that encourages nutritious food choices.
Booster clubs will be contacted about considering the addition of healthy choices at school events. The board noted that some other schools are already starting to offer fruit and vegetable dip along with cookies, candy and other treats.
The new policy puts the New Berlin schools in line with federal law.
The district itself will abide by its healthy-choices policy, to "promote foods and beverages available on school campuses and at school events that contribute to making nutritious food choices which are consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Babies develop language skills with sign in New Berlin
- Get your hot dog on at Orchard Lane Elementary party
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet