Healthier foods and snacks may soon start popping up at New Berlin football games or other school events.
The New Berlin School Board on Monday approved a new food policy that encourages nutritious food choices.
Booster clubs will be contacted about considering the addition of healthy choices at school events. The board noted that some other schools are already starting to offer fruit and vegetable dip along with cookies, candy and other treats.
The new policy puts the New Berlin schools in line with federal law.
The district itself will abide by its healthy-choices policy, to "promote foods and beverages available on school campuses and at school events that contribute to making nutritious food choices which are consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Part of busy Lawnsdale Road in New Berlin to be closed
- Study finds combining sports would not work
- Milwaukee gun man reportedly threatened New Berlin pharmacist for Oxycodone
- Preliminary 2014-15 budget calls for a 3.78 percent tax levy increase for New Berlin School District
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- New Berlin residents receive Patriotic Citizen Awards