Healthier foods and snacks may soon start popping up at New Berlin football games or other school events.
The New Berlin School Board on Monday approved a new food policy that encourages nutritious food choices.
Booster clubs will be contacted about considering the addition of healthy choices at school events. The board noted that some other schools are already starting to offer fruit and vegetable dip along with cookies, candy and other treats.
The new policy puts the New Berlin schools in line with federal law.
The district itself will abide by its healthy-choices policy, to "promote foods and beverages available on school campuses and at school events that contribute to making nutritious food choices which are consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New BBQ place is smoking at New Berlin City Center
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Community calendar
- Female engineering pupils sought through Learning Rx in New Berlin
- Costly body cameras draw police interest
- Muskego, New Berlin adjust to photo ID
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school