The Muskego Common Council is seeking applicants to fill the unexpired term of Keith Werner, who resigned last week as District 4 alderman.
Whoever the council appoints will be expected to serve until April 2013, when the seat will again go before voters in a general election.
To be considered for appointment, interested District 4 residents should submit a résumé and letter of interest addressed to the Common Council and delivered to the City Clerk, City of Muskego, W182 S8200 Racine Ave., P. O. Box 749, Muskego, WI 53150 no later than 4 p.m. June 21.
On June 26 the Common Council will interview the candidates, who also will introduce themselves and have a chance to make closing statements before the council votes.
The winner will take his or her seat at the next regular council meeting.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities