The Muskego Common Council is seeking applicants to fill the unexpired term of Keith Werner, who resigned last week as District 4 alderman.
Whoever the council appoints will be expected to serve until April 2013, when the seat will again go before voters in a general election.
To be considered for appointment, interested District 4 residents should submit a résumé and letter of interest addressed to the Common Council and delivered to the City Clerk, City of Muskego, W182 S8200 Racine Ave., P. O. Box 749, Muskego, WI 53150 no later than 4 p.m. June 21.
On June 26 the Common Council will interview the candidates, who also will introduce themselves and have a chance to make closing statements before the council votes.
The winner will take his or her seat at the next regular council meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Babies develop language skills with sign in New Berlin
- Get your hot dog on at Orchard Lane Elementary party
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet