A safer route to Muskego High School in the form of an off-road pedestrian and bicycle path along Woods Road should be in place by the time school opens next year after summer vacation.
Survey work should start anytime for the 8-foot-wide asphalt path to go along the north side of Woods Road from Racine Avenue to Quietwood Drive, a distance of about two miles.
Students heading to Muskego High School at Woods and Racine likely will use the path. And bikers will be able to pick up another bike trail at Quietwood that goes to Moorland Road and then another that goes into New Berlin.
The Muskego Public Safety Committee approved a design contract last night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical
- Former New Berlin Eisenhower student charged with intent to deliver at school
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market