A safer route to Muskego High School in the form of an off-road pedestrian and bicycle path along Woods Road should be in place by the time school opens next year after summer vacation.
Survey work should start anytime for the 8-foot-wide asphalt path to go along the north side of Woods Road from Racine Avenue to Quietwood Drive, a distance of about two miles.
Students heading to Muskego High School at Woods and Racine likely will use the path. And bikers will be able to pick up another bike trail at Quietwood that goes to Moorland Road and then another that goes into New Berlin.
The Muskego Public Safety Committee approved a design contract last night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school
- Panel mulls fixing cemetery
- Proposed school purchase clears major hurdle in New Berlin
- Cleveland-Calhoun project in New Berlin delayed a year
- Local derby keeps rolling on
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- New Berlin school building projects dominated district annual meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app