A safer route to Muskego High School in the form of an off-road pedestrian and bicycle path along Woods Road should be in place by the time school opens next year after summer vacation.
Survey work should start anytime for the 8-foot-wide asphalt path to go along the north side of Woods Road from Racine Avenue to Quietwood Drive, a distance of about two miles.
Students heading to Muskego High School at Woods and Racine likely will use the path. And bikers will be able to pick up another bike trail at Quietwood that goes to Moorland Road and then another that goes into New Berlin.
The Muskego Public Safety Committee approved a design contract last night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police to seek charges against vanishing escort
- Falls high school student reportedly pushed to ground by school resource officer Falls high school s
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- Local aviation businessman to address entrepreneurial conference
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Eisenhower, New Berlin West both deemed among most challenging
- Soccer teams help fallen player
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: April 23, 2015
- Businesswomen win New Berlin Chamber of Commerce top honors
- Hot franchise group coming to New Berlin