A man wanted on a felony probation warrant was taken into custody Friday after he barricaded himself inside a New Berlin home, causing police to respond to the tactical situation.
The man fled from police shortly after 3 a.m. Friday and New Berlin police saw him enter a home in the 3300 block of Heide Lane, where he refused to surrender to police, according to a police news release.
Officers believed the man to be armed, as they knew there were numerous weapons in the house, including rifles and handguns, the release stated.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team and Waukesha County Sheriff's Department assisted in negotiations with the 40-year-old man, who was taken into custody at 7:15 a.m., according to a police news release.
No one was injured, and the case is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New BBQ place is smoking at New Berlin City Center
- Female engineering pupils sought through Learning Rx in New Berlin
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Costly body cameras draw police interest
- Muskego, New Berlin adjust to photo ID
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school
- Panel mulls fixing cemetery
- Local derby keeps rolling on
- New Berlin school building projects dominated district annual meeting