A man wanted on a felony probation warrant was taken into custody Friday after he barricaded himself inside a New Berlin home, causing police to respond to the tactical situation.
The man fled from police shortly after 3 a.m. Friday and New Berlin police saw him enter a home in the 3300 block of Heide Lane, where he refused to surrender to police, according to a police news release.
Officers believed the man to be armed, as they knew there were numerous weapons in the house, including rifles and handguns, the release stated.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team and Waukesha County Sheriff's Department assisted in negotiations with the 40-year-old man, who was taken into custody at 7:15 a.m., according to a police news release.
No one was injured, and the case is still under investigation.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- Waukesha County Fair promises food, friends, fun for another year