A man wanted on a felony probation warrant was taken into custody Friday after he barricaded himself inside a New Berlin home, causing police to respond to the tactical situation.
The man fled from police shortly after 3 a.m. Friday and New Berlin police saw him enter a home in the 3300 block of Heide Lane, where he refused to surrender to police, according to a police news release.
Officers believed the man to be armed, as they knew there were numerous weapons in the house, including rifles and handguns, the release stated.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team and Waukesha County Sheriff's Department assisted in negotiations with the 40-year-old man, who was taken into custody at 7:15 a.m., according to a police news release.
No one was injured, and the case is still under investigation.
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Weekly car show ignites in New Berlin
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College