A man wanted on a felony probation warrant was taken into custody Friday after he barricaded himself inside a New Berlin home, causing police to respond to the tactical situation.
The man fled from police shortly after 3 a.m. Friday and New Berlin police saw him enter a home in the 3300 block of Heide Lane, where he refused to surrender to police, according to a police news release.
Officers believed the man to be armed, as they knew there were numerous weapons in the house, including rifles and handguns, the release stated.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team and Waukesha County Sheriff's Department assisted in negotiations with the 40-year-old man, who was taken into custody at 7:15 a.m., according to a police news release.
No one was injured, and the case is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Hot franchise group coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- 'Odd Couple (Female Version)' to open at Eisenhower High School
- New Berlin officer honored for saving life during vehicle fire
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- Local aviation businessman to address entrepreneurial conference