With a parent survey showing general support for the current Muskego-Norway School calendar, the School Board on Monday night gave a favorable reception to a similar calendar for next year.
The proposed calendar for the 2012-13 school year that will come up for a vote Feb. 20 has school starting Sept. 4, the day after Labor Day, and ending June 13, 2013.
Winter break is pegged as the week of Dec. 24 and spring break the week of April 1. Easter will be March 31 in 2013.
Like this year, teacher professional days will either be on Fridays or the days before holiday breaks, in accordance with parental preferences expressed in the survey. But the administration suggested the board may consider putting the professional days on Mondays instead of Fridays.
The board may also consider adjusting the parent-teacher conferences at the secondary level to give additional hours. Having more conference time was one of the themes in the parent survey. As of now, the proposed calendar still sets conference hours at 3:30 to 8 p.m., as they are this year.
The administration also suggested that the board may consider a study of making summer vacations shorter in favor of longer or more frequent breaks throughout the year and a different exam schedule.
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship