With a parent survey showing general support for the current Muskego-Norway School calendar, the School Board on Monday night gave a favorable reception to a similar calendar for next year.
The proposed calendar for the 2012-13 school year that will come up for a vote Feb. 20 has school starting Sept. 4, the day after Labor Day, and ending June 13, 2013.
Winter break is pegged as the week of Dec. 24 and spring break the week of April 1. Easter will be March 31 in 2013.
Like this year, teacher professional days will either be on Fridays or the days before holiday breaks, in accordance with parental preferences expressed in the survey. But the administration suggested the board may consider putting the professional days on Mondays instead of Fridays.
The board may also consider adjusting the parent-teacher conferences at the secondary level to give additional hours. Having more conference time was one of the themes in the parent survey. As of now, the proposed calendar still sets conference hours at 3:30 to 8 p.m., as they are this year.
The administration also suggested that the board may consider a study of making summer vacations shorter in favor of longer or more frequent breaks throughout the year and a different exam schedule.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case