With a parent survey showing general support for the current Muskego-Norway School calendar, the School Board on Monday night gave a favorable reception to a similar calendar for next year.
The proposed calendar for the 2012-13 school year that will come up for a vote Feb. 20 has school starting Sept. 4, the day after Labor Day, and ending June 13, 2013.
Winter break is pegged as the week of Dec. 24 and spring break the week of April 1. Easter will be March 31 in 2013.
Like this year, teacher professional days will either be on Fridays or the days before holiday breaks, in accordance with parental preferences expressed in the survey. But the administration suggested the board may consider putting the professional days on Mondays instead of Fridays.
The board may also consider adjusting the parent-teacher conferences at the secondary level to give additional hours. Having more conference time was one of the themes in the parent survey. As of now, the proposed calendar still sets conference hours at 3:30 to 8 p.m., as they are this year.
The administration also suggested that the board may consider a study of making summer vacations shorter in favor of longer or more frequent breaks throughout the year and a different exam schedule.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups
- Calendar: Nov. 13
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- Police Blotter: Nov. 6
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6