The pedestrian/bike path scheduled to be created at the side of the road along Tess Corners Drive might be moved off-road instead.
Muskego plans to create the recreation path when it reconstructs the roadway from Janesville to Woods roads. But results of soil borings for the road project revealed this week that the subsoil will need more stabilizing for the new road than originally planned.
To reduce the amount of substructure work, staff proposes to move the trail off-road. Normally, that would be more expensive than keeping it alongside the road, but not if keeping it at the road means a lot of costly soil work.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Female engineering pupils sought through Learning Rx in New Berlin
- Costly body cameras draw police interest
- Muskego, New Berlin adjust to photo ID
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school
- Panel mulls fixing cemetery