The pedestrian/bike path scheduled to be created at the side of the road along Tess Corners Drive might be moved off-road instead.
Muskego plans to create the recreation path when it reconstructs the roadway from Janesville to Woods roads. But results of soil borings for the road project revealed this week that the subsoil will need more stabilizing for the new road than originally planned.
To reduce the amount of substructure work, staff proposes to move the trail off-road. Normally, that would be more expensive than keeping it alongside the road, but not if keeping it at the road means a lot of costly soil work.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue