The pedestrian/bike path scheduled to be created at the side of the road along Tess Corners Drive might be moved off-road instead.
Muskego plans to create the recreation path when it reconstructs the roadway from Janesville to Woods roads. But results of soil borings for the road project revealed this week that the subsoil will need more stabilizing for the new road than originally planned.
To reduce the amount of substructure work, staff proposes to move the trail off-road. Normally, that would be more expensive than keeping it alongside the road, but not if keeping it at the road means a lot of costly soil work.
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Career education reaches New Berlin kindergartners
- New Berlin high schools collect 26 nominations for theater excellence
- Pizza Hut in New Berlin robbed
- New Berlin Eisenhower to open 'Little Shop of Horrors'
- State files action to keep thousands in property and cash taken in alleged drug case