The Muskego-Norway School Board selected Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson as its new superintendent. Thompson succeeds Joe Schroeder who is resigning effective June 30 after five years of service to become associate executive director of the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators.
Thompson has served the district for 19 years in various roles including coordinator of pupil services, high school associate principal, and director of instruction before becoming assistant superintendent.
In a news release announcing the board's appointment, School Board President James Schaefer said: "Dr. Thompson's knowledge of our district, our goals and our initiatives make her uniquely qualified to carry the district forward.
"Her mission-driven approach to continuous improvement will help the Muskego-Norway Schools progress on our journey to being the district of choice in southeastern Wisconsin," Schaefer said.
In the news release, Schroeder called her a fabulous choice and said, "Dr. Kelly Thompson is an exceptionally dedicated and capable learning leader, who is also an individual of the highest personal integrity."
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities