The Muskego-Norway School Board selected Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson as its new superintendent. Thompson succeeds Joe Schroeder who is resigning effective June 30 after five years of service to become associate executive director of the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators.
Thompson has served the district for 19 years in various roles including coordinator of pupil services, high school associate principal, and director of instruction before becoming assistant superintendent.
In a news release announcing the board's appointment, School Board President James Schaefer said: "Dr. Thompson's knowledge of our district, our goals and our initiatives make her uniquely qualified to carry the district forward.
"Her mission-driven approach to continuous improvement will help the Muskego-Norway Schools progress on our journey to being the district of choice in southeastern Wisconsin," Schaefer said.
In the news release, Schroeder called her a fabulous choice and said, "Dr. Kelly Thompson is an exceptionally dedicated and capable learning leader, who is also an individual of the highest personal integrity."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin officer honored for saving life during vehicle fire
- New Berlin man got more than he bargained for when hiring escort (4)
- Falls high school student reportedly pushed to ground by school resource officer
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- Local aviation businessman to address entrepreneurial conference
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Eisenhower, New Berlin West both deemed among most challenging
- Soccer teams help fallen player
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: April 23, 2015
- Businesswomen win New Berlin Chamber of Commerce top honors