Appraisals are ready for the four Muskego lake properties the city is looking at as part of a proposed park on the south side of Little Muskego Lake along Janesville Road.
In a closed session Tuesday night, the Muskego Common Council began deliberations about whether to buy two homes and parts of two more as part of the effort.
The fact that the discussion happened in closed session meant there was no public input - something some aldermen want more of before the city makes an offer on the properties or commits to any park development.
Likewise, several Muskego residents who stood in a hallway during Tuesday's meeting wanted a chance to speak on related cost issues, including what might be the price of maintaining a park.
The council is split on the input issue with some aldermen noting that the public has had a chance to speak on two previous occasions: when the park proposal was unveiled in August and when the council approved a resolution enabling the city to obtain the appraisals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Complaint: Former New Berlin West basketball coach busted after police find pot in his school office (3)
- Kelly Lake residents improving fishing for those with limitations
- Walmart to open March 11 on Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin
- New Berlin Eisenhower High School students to perform 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- New Berlin schools facing $1.35 million structural deficit under walker plan
- New Berlin schools did 'due diligence' in hiring coach: spokeswoman