The New Berlin Ethics Board decided Tuesday that there is probable cause for an ethics hearing to be held on an ethics complaint against New Berlin Alderwoman Laura Karvala alleging that she stands to gain financially by Wilbur Drive being closed or partially closed to traffic.
Karvala lives on Wilbur and the complaint signed by numerous residents alleges that her property values would go up as a result of the closure.
The Ethics Board tentatively set a hearing for 3 p.m. Jan. 3.
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College