The New Berlin Ethics Board decided Tuesday that there is probable cause for an ethics hearing to be held on an ethics complaint against New Berlin Alderwoman Laura Karvala alleging that she stands to gain financially by Wilbur Drive being closed or partially closed to traffic.
Karvala lives on Wilbur and the complaint signed by numerous residents alleges that her property values would go up as a result of the closure.
The Ethics Board tentatively set a hearing for 3 p.m. Jan. 3.
- New Berlin Library offers photo class to 'capture New Berlin'
- New Berlin to almost double its complement of voting machines
- New Berlin Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Career education reaches New Berlin kindergartners