New Berlin police were still looking for a suspect involved in a string of thefts from cars and a police chase as of Friday.
Police caught his accomplice in West Allis, where the car they stole crashed during a police chase at nearly 1 a.m. July 18.
According to police, a report came in about someone taking things from unlocked vehicles near 13400 W. National Ave. Police found the suspect vehicle on National and stoped the driver in the 12800 block, but the driver suddenly sped off.
Police, who learned that the vehicle had been stolen in West Allis, pursued the fleeing vehicle until it crashed at 84th Street and Greenfield Avenue.
Both suspects fled on foot. Police caught one who had suffered moderate injuries. He was taken to Froedert Memorial Hospital.
Inside the crashed vehicle, police recovered numerous items that had been taken from vehicles in the New Berlin area.
New Berlin police were assisted by West Allis police and the State Patrol. Police dogs from West Allis and New Berlin tracked the fleeing suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin manufacturer in business since 1956 closes down
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 7, 2015
- New Berlin officer honored for saving life during vehicle fire
- New Berlin man got more than he bargained for when hiring escort (4)
- Falls high school student reportedly pushed to ground by school resource officer
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- Local aviation businessman to address entrepreneurial conference
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Eisenhower, New Berlin West both deemed among most challenging
- Soccer teams help fallen player