New Berlin police were still looking for a suspect involved in a string of thefts from cars and a police chase as of Friday.
Police caught his accomplice in West Allis, where the car they stole crashed during a police chase at nearly 1 a.m. July 18.
According to police, a report came in about someone taking things from unlocked vehicles near 13400 W. National Ave. Police found the suspect vehicle on National and stoped the driver in the 12800 block, but the driver suddenly sped off.
Police, who learned that the vehicle had been stolen in West Allis, pursued the fleeing vehicle until it crashed at 84th Street and Greenfield Avenue.
Both suspects fled on foot. Police caught one who had suffered moderate injuries. He was taken to Froedert Memorial Hospital.
Inside the crashed vehicle, police recovered numerous items that had been taken from vehicles in the New Berlin area.
New Berlin police were assisted by West Allis police and the State Patrol. Police dogs from West Allis and New Berlin tracked the fleeing suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Reservations for Waukesha County Parks start Jan. 2
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- Eisenhower Dance Team steps to victory
- Breakfast with Santa is making a comeback Saturday for Eisenhower cheerleaders.
- Both incumbents file for New Berlin School Board
- Antique apple growers ask to plant at New Berlin Historic Park
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- New Berlin Boy Scouts cleared for campout in park
- New Berlin drops some swim lessons due to lifeguard shortage