The New Berlin West High School marching band will notch another honor Sunday afternoon as it marches in the 30th edition of The Great Circus Parade.
The West Band last performed in the Circus Parade in 1999. At this year's parade, the 60-member group will debut its new blue and gold uniforms.
The band is directed by Mark Grauer and led by Drum Major Katie Hausmann. Katie was a member of the 2009 Bands of America National Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Calif.
The band was also honored last year by performing for the American School Band Directors Association's national convention.
In the Great Circus Parade, the New Berlin West Band will salute Wisconsin by performing John Philip Sousa's march "Wisconsin Forward Forever!"
The parade is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. in downtown Milwaukee.
For information on the Great Circus Parade go to http://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/Parade/EventOverview.aspx.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Spending survey for New Berlin Schools to launch in September
- Budget calls for decrease
- New Berlin police notes
- Fire responses up for debate
- Panera wants to open on Moorland Road in New Berlin