The New Berlin West High School marching band will notch another honor Sunday afternoon as it marches in the 30th edition of The Great Circus Parade.
The West Band last performed in the Circus Parade in 1999. At this year's parade, the 60-member group will debut its new blue and gold uniforms.
The band is directed by Mark Grauer and led by Drum Major Katie Hausmann. Katie was a member of the 2009 Bands of America National Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Calif.
The band was also honored last year by performing for the American School Band Directors Association's national convention.
In the Great Circus Parade, the New Berlin West Band will salute Wisconsin by performing John Philip Sousa's march "Wisconsin Forward Forever!"
The parade is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. in downtown Milwaukee.
For information on the Great Circus Parade go to http://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/Parade/EventOverview.aspx.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought