The New Berlin West High School marching band will notch another honor Sunday afternoon as it marches in the 30th edition of The Great Circus Parade.
The West Band last performed in the Circus Parade in 1999. At this year's parade, the 60-member group will debut its new blue and gold uniforms.
The band is directed by Mark Grauer and led by Drum Major Katie Hausmann. Katie was a member of the 2009 Bands of America National Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Calif.
The band was also honored last year by performing for the American School Band Directors Association's national convention.
In the Great Circus Parade, the New Berlin West Band will salute Wisconsin by performing John Philip Sousa's march "Wisconsin Forward Forever!"
The parade is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. in downtown Milwaukee.
For information on the Great Circus Parade go to http://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/Parade/EventOverview.aspx.
- Gun jams, saving life of clerk during New Berlin gas station robbery
- New Berlin Library offers photo class to 'capture New Berlin'
- New Berlin to almost double its complement of voting machines
- New Berlin Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016