The New Berlin West High School marching band will notch another honor Sunday afternoon as it marches in the 30th edition of The Great Circus Parade.
The West Band last performed in the Circus Parade in 1999. At this year's parade, the 60-member group will debut its new blue and gold uniforms.
The band is directed by Mark Grauer and led by Drum Major Katie Hausmann. Katie was a member of the 2009 Bands of America National Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Calif.
The band was also honored last year by performing for the American School Band Directors Association's national convention.
In the Great Circus Parade, the New Berlin West Band will salute Wisconsin by performing John Philip Sousa's march "Wisconsin Forward Forever!"
The parade is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. in downtown Milwaukee.
For information on the Great Circus Parade go to http://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/Parade/EventOverview.aspx.
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship
- Army officer who lost legs to give motivational talks in New Berlin
- Possible scam might be targeting New Berlin businesses
- New Berlin theatrical productions win statewide recognition