June grad to perform
when KIDS come to town
When the fast-paced and upbeat KIDS from Wisconsin show takes the stage at the Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West High School, 18675 W. Cleveland Ave., Isaac Surprenant, a 2014 graduate of Eisenhower High School, will be with the troupe of about 30 other singers, dancers and musicians.
The concert, presented by the Rotary Club of New Berlin, will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 22. Admission will be $15, general, $12.50 for ages 65 and older and ages 3 to 12; free for children under 3 who sit on a parent's lap.
Seating is limited and tickets can be purchased at rotaryclubofnewberlin.org. Surprenant is an alumnus of the Eisenhower jazz band, jazz combo, honors orchestra, symphony, and Pride of New Berlin Marching Band. He has played stand-up bass for eight years and electric bass for seven.
Muskego below average
in car insurance cost
ValuePenguin.com, a consumer-finance and research company, recently found that Muskego is below the average of 68 Wisconsin cities analyzed in the cost of car insurance.
It pegs the average annual premium for Muskego at $652 per year, placing it 32nd. The statewide average was $670, according to the site's research.
The least expensive was Sheboygan at $566 and the most expensive was Milwaukee at $1,105 annually.
The study looked at car insurance premiums for a single 30-year-old man who owns and drives a 2010 Toyota Camry primarily for commuting purposes. He has excellent credit, and has had a solid driving record with no accidents or traffic violations in the last five years.
Quotes for car insurance were obtained for a basic policy that had slightly better coverage compared to the state minimum in Wisconsin.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014