New Berlin — Decisions on funding projects in the New Berlin Schools long-range facilities study is complicated by a potential school consolidation and a new vision for Eisenhower Middle/High School.
Eisenhower is particularly affected since a large portion of the nearly $25 million in potential projects are at Eisenhower.
"We're completely rethinking the way we use that school," said Roger Dickson, chief finance and operations officer. For example he said, the building could be more than a middle and a high school, it could be a charter school, too.
"We're forging a new vision at Eisenhower," Dickson said.
Some of those nearly $25 million in projects are at Poplar Creek and Orchard Lane elementary schools, which might one day be consolidated. The district is studying consolidating the district's two oldest schools, he said.
The idea awaits word from the city on school officials' questions involving section 35, said Melinda Mueller, director of communications for the district. Section 35 is a large tract of former farmland being readied for development east of Moorland Road.
One thing that won't be a complication to deciding on potential maintenance projects, as it turns out, is the possibility of both middle and high schools using the same athletic facilities. A study just concluded that it is not logistically feasible to operate one class "A" varsity field for any of the seven outdoor sports, Mueller said.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
- Gun jams, saving life of clerk during New Berlin gas station robbery
- New Berlin Library offers photo class to 'capture New Berlin'
- New Berlin to almost double its complement of voting machines
- New Berlin Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016