The New Berlin School District accepted offers totaling nearly $2 million for two former school properties at a special meeting Tuesday.
However, the sale of Glen Park Elementary School, 3500 S. Glen Park Road, will need approval from the electorate. A special meeting of the electorate has been scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday, May 12, in the New Berlin West Idea Center, 18695 W. Cleveland Ave., to vote on the sale.
The sale of the former Little Grove Elementary property, 3800 S. Racine Ave., already has electorate approval.
Heritage Christian Schools has offered $1,750,000 for the Glen Park property. The board accepted the offer subject to approval by the electorate. Glen Park closed at the end of the 2011-12 school year because the School Board felt the district had excess capacity at the elementary school level and to save money.
The board accepted an offer of $195,000 from Krish Narayanan for the Little Grove property.
Sale proceeds will be used to complete projects in the district's long-range facilities plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue