The New Berlin School District accepted offers totaling nearly $2 million for two former school properties at a special meeting Tuesday.
However, the sale of Glen Park Elementary School, 3500 S. Glen Park Road, will need approval from the electorate. A special meeting of the electorate has been scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday, May 12, in the New Berlin West Idea Center, 18695 W. Cleveland Ave., to vote on the sale.
The sale of the former Little Grove Elementary property, 3800 S. Racine Ave., already has electorate approval.
Heritage Christian Schools has offered $1,750,000 for the Glen Park property. The board accepted the offer subject to approval by the electorate. Glen Park closed at the end of the 2011-12 school year because the School Board felt the district had excess capacity at the elementary school level and to save money.
The board accepted an offer of $195,000 from Krish Narayanan for the Little Grove property.
Sale proceeds will be used to complete projects in the district's long-range facilities plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)