The New Berlin School District accepted offers totaling nearly $2 million for two former school properties at a special meeting Tuesday.
However, the sale of Glen Park Elementary School, 3500 S. Glen Park Road, will need approval from the electorate. A special meeting of the electorate has been scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday, May 12, in the New Berlin West Idea Center, 18695 W. Cleveland Ave., to vote on the sale.
The sale of the former Little Grove Elementary property, 3800 S. Racine Ave., already has electorate approval.
Heritage Christian Schools has offered $1,750,000 for the Glen Park property. The board accepted the offer subject to approval by the electorate. Glen Park closed at the end of the 2011-12 school year because the School Board felt the district had excess capacity at the elementary school level and to save money.
The board accepted an offer of $195,000 from Krish Narayanan for the Little Grove property.
Sale proceeds will be used to complete projects in the district's long-range facilities plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving range dropped from New Berlin Hills' master plan (1)
- New Berlin School District taxpayers would get bang for buck
- New Berlin School Board approves $3.2 million Eisenhower pool renovation (4)
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- Students rebuild vintage racing machine
- Something old, something new at New Berlin Historical Society event on June 21
- Boat for vets, disabled inoperable after suspected joyride on New Berlin lake
- New Berlin approves commercial building, blocks access to subdivision (1)
- Stanek Tool of New Berlin promotes apprenterships to ease skills gaps
- New Berlin Ike grad wins data contest at Duke