Southeast New Berlin gas station becoming a robbery target
Police ask public's help in identifying gunman
New Berlin — The BP gas station at South 124th Street and West Beloit Road seems to have become a target in the last few months.
New Berlin police are displaying surveillance photos of two suspects in a March 28 robbery of the station despite an East Troy man having been charged last week in a failed attempt at robbing the same station in December.
In the most recent incident, police said two men entered the station at about 7:56 p.m. and displayed a handgun. They threatened to kill the clerk and then fled in a black, two-door Honda Civic with a rear spoiler, possibly a 2000 to 2005 model. There were no registration plates.
Anyone with information on the identity of the two men is asked to call New Berlin police at (262) 782-6640 or Waukesha County Crimestoppers at 1-800-441-5505.
A 42-year-old East Troy man has been charged with attempted theft in the Decmebr incident in which he was alleged to have entered a New Berlin gas station and demanded money to purchase drugs.
According to the criminal complaint issued by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office:
Thomas Brosinger, East Troy, entered the BP gas station at 12401 W. Beloit Road about 7:44 p.m. Dec. 1 and demanded that the clerk open the cash register. The startled clerk sputtered, "What?" and the suspect repeated his request twice more.
The suspect was wearing a hoodie and kept his hands inside its pocket. The clerk who was alone in the station then looked the suspect in the eye and told him she was going to shoot him.
The suspect threw his hands up and backed away. When she said she was going to call police, he ran away.
The complaint says the manager of the nearby Layton Petro Mart in Greenfield identified Brosinger in surveillance footage of the attempted robbery as the man who robbed his station of $220 five-days earlier. Brosinger has not been charged in that robbery.
After Brosinger was arrested, the complaint says he admitted to smoking crack and to having gone to the BP station to obtain money for drugs.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Hills golf course neighbors speak to council about concerns over a new driving range
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions about future of remainiing rural sections
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending