After decades of serving as the home of the greenskeeper at the New Berlin Hills Golf Course, this single-family home was beyond its useful life - except for one last use.
The New Berlin Fire Department and members of the Brookfield Fire Department conducted six live-burn training evolutions for its firefighters, then let the structure burn to the ground March 13.
Controlled burns help in allowing the firefighters an opportunity to train during a live fire while taking down unused or aging facilities.
In fact, the two departments had a live training on a home that was destroyed in a similar situation in August 2013.
In that instance, the departments teamed up to practice various firefighting attacks together as part of existing joint efforts between the two departments.
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship