After decades of serving as the home of the greenskeeper at the New Berlin Hills Golf Course, this single-family home was beyond its useful life - except for one last use.
The New Berlin Fire Department and members of the Brookfield Fire Department conducted six live-burn training evolutions for its firefighters, then let the structure burn to the ground March 13.
Controlled burns help in allowing the firefighters an opportunity to train during a live fire while taking down unused or aging facilities.
In fact, the two departments had a live training on a home that was destroyed in a similar situation in August 2013.
In that instance, the departments teamed up to practice various firefighting attacks together as part of existing joint efforts between the two departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market
- New Berlin and Muskego Police Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- Michelle Witmer Memorial Drive construction to test New Berlin drivers
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16