After decades of serving as the home of the greenskeeper at the New Berlin Hills Golf Course, this single-family home was beyond its useful life - except for one last use.
The New Berlin Fire Department and members of the Brookfield Fire Department conducted six live-burn training evolutions for its firefighters, then let the structure burn to the ground March 13.
Controlled burns help in allowing the firefighters an opportunity to train during a live fire while taking down unused or aging facilities.
In fact, the two departments had a live training on a home that was destroyed in a similar situation in August 2013.
In that instance, the departments teamed up to practice various firefighting attacks together as part of existing joint efforts between the two departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns arrested for domestic-related incident
- Panel mulls fixing cemetery
- Proposed school purchase clears major hurdle in New Berlin
- Cleveland-Calhoun project in New Berlin delayed a year
- Local derby keeps rolling on
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- New Berlin school building projects dominated district annual meeting