Muskego High School could join the list of area schools which are doing random drug tests.
Drug tests of students are already performed at Pewaukee and Arrowhead high schools, and the Muskego-Norway School Board on Monday reviewed those schools' procedures as they apply toward athletes, club members and co-curricular activity participants, and those students with school parking permits.
While random tests of those students has been found constitutional, testing throughout the student body is believed to be unable to withstand a constitutional challenge.
The board tentatively plans to discuss the issue again March 17 when more will be known about the procedures the two schools use for the testing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Hills golf course neighbors speak to council about concerns over a new driving range
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions about future of remainiing rural sections
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending