A Burger King could be coming to Muskego again.
The fast-food chain is interested in opening a restaurant on a vacant lot at the northeast corner of Moorland Road and Commerce Center Parkway, near Walmart.
The current zoning for that corner is business and office park, so Burger King is asking the city to rezone for a general business zoning already in place for Walmart and a hardware store at that location. A public hearing on the rezoning request will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at the City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave.
After the hearing, the request will go to the Plan Commission and then to the Common Council. The city would also have to approve a land split, enabling Burger King to buy a nearly one-acre parcel for the building, and the building plans when they are submitted.
If approved, it would be the second Burger King in Muskego. The first, on Janesville Road, was razed years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case