A Burger King could be coming to Muskego again.
The fast-food chain is interested in opening a restaurant on a vacant lot at the northeast corner of Moorland Road and Commerce Center Parkway, near Walmart.
The current zoning for that corner is business and office park, so Burger King is asking the city to rezone for a general business zoning already in place for Walmart and a hardware store at that location. A public hearing on the rezoning request will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at the City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave.
After the hearing, the request will go to the Plan Commission and then to the Common Council. The city would also have to approve a land split, enabling Burger King to buy a nearly one-acre parcel for the building, and the building plans when they are submitted.
If approved, it would be the second Burger King in Muskego. The first, on Janesville Road, was razed years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue