A Burger King could be coming to Muskego again.
The fast-food chain is interested in opening a restaurant on a vacant lot at the northeast corner of Moorland Road and Commerce Center Parkway, near Walmart.
The current zoning for that corner is business and office park, so Burger King is asking the city to rezone for a general business zoning already in place for Walmart and a hardware store at that location. A public hearing on the rezoning request will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at the City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave.
After the hearing, the request will go to the Plan Commission and then to the Common Council. The city would also have to approve a land split, enabling Burger King to buy a nearly one-acre parcel for the building, and the building plans when they are submitted.
If approved, it would be the second Burger King in Muskego. The first, on Janesville Road, was razed years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Complaint: Former New Berlin West basketball coach busted after police find pot in his school office (3)
- Kelly Lake residents improving fishing for those with limitations
- Walmart to open March 11 on Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin
- New Berlin Eisenhower High School students to perform 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- New Berlin schools facing $1.35 million structural deficit under walker plan
- New Berlin schools did 'due diligence' in hiring coach: spokeswoman