To keep options open, the Muskego-Norway School Board took two steps Monday with regard to the Muskego High School weight room floor that was found late last summer to be in disrepair.
Because one of the options is building a weight room addition, the board will make sure any addition would not close the door on potential long-range plans that might involve expanding the swimming pool or building a field house. The district will hire an architect to explore where such expansions would best be placed. That information should be back to the School Board in about a month.
At this point, the district has no plans to expand the pool or build a field house. A weight room addition is being considered to accommodate future growth.
The other step the board took was to go out for bids to repair the weight room floor. Contractors will give prices for repairing the floor to support classroom use and for reinforcing it enough to support use as a weight room.
As soon as the defects in the floor were discovered, the weight room equipment was moved to smaller temporary quarters where the floor was at grade.
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Joe Garza Joins LindenGrove Board of Directors
- New Berlin grandfather pleads guilty to 4th-degree sexual assault
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 16, 2016