To keep options open, the Muskego-Norway School Board took two steps Monday with regard to the Muskego High School weight room floor that was found late last summer to be in disrepair.
Because one of the options is building a weight room addition, the board will make sure any addition would not close the door on potential long-range plans that might involve expanding the swimming pool or building a field house. The district will hire an architect to explore where such expansions would best be placed. That information should be back to the School Board in about a month.
At this point, the district has no plans to expand the pool or build a field house. A weight room addition is being considered to accommodate future growth.
The other step the board took was to go out for bids to repair the weight room floor. Contractors will give prices for repairing the floor to support classroom use and for reinforcing it enough to support use as a weight room.
As soon as the defects in the floor were discovered, the weight room equipment was moved to smaller temporary quarters where the floor was at grade.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Hills golf course neighbors speak to council about concerns over a new driving range
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions about future of remainiing rural sections
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending