The filing deadline for spring elections has passed, with plenty of city races in shaping up in Muskego, but only one race in New Berlin.
Because no more than two candidates filed for any seat as of Tuesday's 5 p.m. deadline, there will be no primary election necessary in either city. The general election will be held April 1.
A full slate of candidates in Muskego has filed to run for all four seats — for mayor and three aldermanic districts.
Kathy Chiaverotti, W19857 Holly Patch Court, will seek a second three-year term for mayor, but will face a challenge from Scott Dickmann, W17945 Muskego Drive, who also ran for mayor three years ago.
In Aldermanic District 1, incumbent Robert Wolfe, W13573 Fleetwood Road, will run against Randall Hojnacki, S7625 Cheviot Road, a second-time candidate.
District 3 features a race between incumbent Neil Borgman, W16972 Briargate Lane, and Tom Reck, S6701 Muskego Drive.
In District 5, where Alderman Dan Soltysiak announced he would not seek re-election, two candidates have filed. They are James Gage, W20177 Monterey Drive, and John Engelhardt, S7149 Hillside Drive, who ran two years ago against Soltysiak.
In New Berlin, only one alderman will face opposition.
Laura Karvala, 14360 W. Wilbur Drive, the District 2 incumbent, will be challenged by Charles Garrigues, 3183 Waterford Court.
But Ken Harenda (District 4), Dennis Horbinski (District 6) and John Fillar (District 7) will run unopposed.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities