The filing deadline for spring elections has passed, with plenty of city races in shaping up in Muskego, but only one race in New Berlin.
Because no more than two candidates filed for any seat as of Tuesday's 5 p.m. deadline, there will be no primary election necessary in either city. The general election will be held April 1.
A full slate of candidates in Muskego has filed to run for all four seats — for mayor and three aldermanic districts.
Kathy Chiaverotti, W19857 Holly Patch Court, will seek a second three-year term for mayor, but will face a challenge from Scott Dickmann, W17945 Muskego Drive, who also ran for mayor three years ago.
In Aldermanic District 1, incumbent Robert Wolfe, W13573 Fleetwood Road, will run against Randall Hojnacki, S7625 Cheviot Road, a second-time candidate.
District 3 features a race between incumbent Neil Borgman, W16972 Briargate Lane, and Tom Reck, S6701 Muskego Drive.
In District 5, where Alderman Dan Soltysiak announced he would not seek re-election, two candidates have filed. They are James Gage, W20177 Monterey Drive, and John Engelhardt, S7149 Hillside Drive, who ran two years ago against Soltysiak.
In New Berlin, only one alderman will face opposition.
Laura Karvala, 14360 W. Wilbur Drive, the District 2 incumbent, will be challenged by Charles Garrigues, 3183 Waterford Court.
But Ken Harenda (District 4), Dennis Horbinski (District 6) and John Fillar (District 7) will run unopposed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet
- 'Odd Couple (Female Version)' to open at Eisenhower High School
- New Berlin manufacturer in business since 1956 closes down