The former Glen Park Elementary School, 3500 S. Glen Park Road, New Berlin, is now officially up for sale.
The school was closed at the end of the school year in June 2012 to save money and because the building had deteriorated. The closing ended months of controversy with Glen Park parents pleading with the School Board to keep the school open.
Anderson Commercial Group was chosen as the listing agent, following a request for proposals from other commercial real estate companies.
Also listed with Anderson are the former Little Grove Elementary School, 3800 S. Racine Ave., and three vacant parcels the schools own.
Proceeds from the sales will be used to help pay for $8.2 million in school building projects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- An early look at election filings in New Berlin
- Memories descend upon WWII paratrooper in New Berlin
- Muskego School Board president won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Nov. 28
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Some names paved the way for New Berlin's history
- New Berlin Christmas Parade comes earlier in 2013
- Company emerges bigger and better in New Berlin