Pretty soon, patrons of The Ridge Theater will be able to bring their beer, wine or cocktails in from Zaffiros Restaurant and Bar located inside The Ridge theater complex to the theater to enjoy while they watch movies.
The New Berlin Common Council gave the nod Tuesday after Marcus Theater officials asked if The Ridge, 5200 S. Moorland Road, could be the seventh Marcus theater complex where patrons can watch movies and sip beer, wine or cocktails. Currently, Zaffiro's patrons have to finish their drinks at the restaurant/bar.
A Marcus spokesman told the council that Ridge patrons have been asking to be able to bring their deverages into the shows.
Even though they will soon be able to do that, they still won't be allowed to take alcoholic beverages out of the building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical
- Former New Berlin Eisenhower student charged with intent to deliver at school
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market