· A locked, 1997 Toyota four-door vehicle was stolen from the parking lot at Community Memorial Hospital, W180 N8085 Town Hall Road, between 1:40 and 3:35 p.m. Oct. 18. When surveillance video was reviewed the vehicle was seen leaving the lot at 3 p.m., driven by an unknown subject.
· Police discovered four cellphones were taken from Target, N95 W17707 Shady Lane, between 3 and 9 p.m. Oct. 18 after a resident reported finding four empty cellphone packages in the 9100 block of Water Street. Police were following up with store security to view video surveillance at the time of the report.
· An unknown male subject shoplifted two tool kits, valued at $299 each, from Home Depot, N94 W18375 Thunder Ridge Road, and then fled in a vehicle that was waiting for him in the parking lot at about 3:30 p.m. Oct. 15. Police have the license plate number of the vehicle and were following up at the time of the report.
· An unknown subject(s) shoplifted an undisclosed amount of groceries at Woodman's, W124 N8145 Highway 145, at about 3 p.m. Oct. 19. The incident occurred during an alleged medical emergency, which was believed to be a staged diversion.
· A 5-foot by 8-foot aluminum trailer was stolen from a driveway in the N68 W14700 block of Prudence Drive between 9 p.m. Oct. 20 and 12:30 p.m. Oct. 21.
· An unknown subject shoplifted beer at Walmart Neighborhood Market, N88 W15559 Main St., between 6:39 and 6:42 p.m. Oct. 21. The incident was captured on video surveillance and police are seeking the suspect.
· An unknown subject shoplifted a portable battery pack at Batteries Plus Bulbs, N96 W18355 County Line road, while another subject distracted the store associate at about 7:45 p.m. Oct. 23. The incident was captured on video surveillance and police were attempting to identify the suspects at the time of the report.
· Officers responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on Thorndell Drive and Appleton Avenue arrested a 17-year-old boy for possession of drug paraphernalia after finding a glass pipe hidden in a nearby wooded area at 10:40 a.m. Oct. 18. The boy admitted smoking marijuana with a friend and hid the pipe in the woods when police arrived.
· A resident called police after a large Australian shepherd-mix dog bit her Jack Russell terrier while they were walking on Countryside Drive and Remington Trail at about 5:20 p.m. Oct. 22. The terrier sustained three large bites and multiple small puncture wounds during the attack. Police located the dog owner in the W156 N7600 block of Theresa Maria Court and he was issued a written warning for harboring a vicious animal.
· Menomonee Falls police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with one rescue call and one fire call between Oct. 18 and Oct. 24.
· Police responded to a report of smoke billowing from the rear of Middle West Manufacturing, N93 W16591 Water Street, at 2:18 a.m. Oct. 18. The officers who arrived on scene determined the smoke was coming from a metal drum/boiler. After attempts to locate the key holder were unsuccessful, the Menomonee Falls Fire Department forcefully entered the locked, gated area and extinguished the fire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ike girls tread wave of frustration over New Berlin pool decisions
- News & Notes: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- New Berlin woman shows others how 'able' she is
- News & Notes: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- An early look at election filings in New Berlin
- Memories descend upon WWII paratrooper in New Berlin
- Muskego School Board president won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Nov. 28