New Berlin Eisenhower's Katie Lang led the Lions to a 16-4 mark this season while striking out 147 batters in 95 innings, hurling a pair of no-hitters and knocking in 19 runs from her spot in the middle of the order.
Those accomplishments led to a selection as the NOW All-Suburban Softball Player of the Year, as voted by the NOW Newspapers sports staff.
She is joined on the team by Menomonee Falls coach Nick Heiting, the All-Suburban Softball Coach of the Year. He led the Indians to a 19-5 mark after taking the team over on an interim basis.
You can see the rest of the team and more at the NOW 2013 All-Suburban Softball Team page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Part of busy Lawnsdale Road in New Berlin to be closed
- Study finds combining sports would not work
- Milwaukee gun man reportedly threatened New Berlin pharmacist for Oxycodone
- Preliminary 2014-15 budget calls for a 3.78 percent tax levy increase for New Berlin School District
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- New Berlin residents receive Patriotic Citizen Awards