The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016