The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Street crews help parks shore up a muddy walkway
- Setting it straight
- New City Center apartments set to open in New Berlin by March
- sw_calendar_1030 .now.com
- New Berlin sets new date for debate on taking over waste contractions
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM