The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship