The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Greenfield Avenue Wal-mart could open in early March in New Berlin
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church