The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Eisenhower, New Berlin West both deemed among most challenging
- School rivalry cast aside as New Berlin soccers athletes spearhead help effort
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: April 23, 2015
- Businesswomen win New Berlin Chamber of Commerce top honors
- Hot franchise group coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin asks circuit court for clean up order
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy