The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups
- Calendar: Nov. 13
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- Police Blotter: Nov. 6
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6