The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical
- Former New Berlin Eisenhower student charged with intent to deliver at school
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market