The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider.
The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she allegedly used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Reservations for Waukesha County Parks start Jan. 2
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- Eisenhower Dance Team steps to victory
- Breakfast with Santa is making a comeback Saturday for Eisenhower cheerleaders.
- Both incumbents file for New Berlin School Board
- Antique apple growers ask to plant at New Berlin Historic Park
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- New Berlin Boy Scouts cleared for campout in park
- New Berlin drops some swim lessons due to lifeguard shortage