New Berlin - The New Berlin School Board is expected to approve the sale of the former Little Grove School, 3800 S. Racine Ave., as early as Monday.
Final details of the sale are being negotiated now. The buyer is believed to be a religious institution.
Little Grove has not been used as a school since the New Berlin School District was formed in the 1960s. Until more than a dozen years ago, the former school had been used as the district's carpentry shop, but the carpentry equipment was subsequently moved to maintenance facilities at Eisenhower Middle/High School.
Residents gave the School Board authority to sell the school at the 1988 annual meeting, Roger Dickson, district chief financial officer, said last month. An appraisal done last year estimated the property's value at $298,000, but market value was pegged in 2011 at only $150,000, he said. The 5,600-square-foot school sits on 5.4 acres.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and Notes
- Police Notes: May 20
- Walmart is now in the zone for development in New Berlin
- Police report: May 20
- Carp shoot May 25 on Little Muskego Lake, two carp worth $500 each
- Newsweek names New Berlin schools to 'America's Best High Schools' list
- Waukesha Police Report
- Stumbling block cleared for proposed New Berlin Walmart
- News and notes
- New Berlin schools try to get students ready for work