Both Muskego and New Berlin approved joining a consolidated SWAT team that would save their police departments both money and manpower.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team would be a consolidation of tactical personnel and resources from Muskego, New Berlin, Brookfield, Delafield, Mukwonago, Pewaukee, Hartland and Chenequa, if all the other jurisdictions approve.
Both Muskego and New Berlin have their own SWAT teams and the Lakes Area Critical Incident Team covered the rest of the communities, except for the village of Mukwonago.
Training has gotten increasingly expensive with advances in technology. The cost has become difficult for one department to afford, officials say.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Street crews help parks shore up a muddy walkway
- Setting it straight
- New City Center apartments set to open in New Berlin by March
- sw_calendar_1030 .now.com
- New Berlin sets new date for debate on taking over waste contractions
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM