Both Muskego and New Berlin approved joining a consolidated SWAT team that would save their police departments both money and manpower.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team would be a consolidation of tactical personnel and resources from Muskego, New Berlin, Brookfield, Delafield, Mukwonago, Pewaukee, Hartland and Chenequa, if all the other jurisdictions approve.
Both Muskego and New Berlin have their own SWAT teams and the Lakes Area Critical Incident Team covered the rest of the communities, except for the village of Mukwonago.
Training has gotten increasingly expensive with advances in technology. The cost has become difficult for one department to afford, officials say.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- An early look at election filings in New Berlin
- Memories descend upon WWII paratrooper in New Berlin
- Muskego School Board president won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Nov. 28
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Some names paved the way for New Berlin's history
- New Berlin Christmas Parade comes earlier in 2013
- Company emerges bigger and better in New Berlin