Both Muskego and New Berlin approved joining a consolidated SWAT team that would save their police departments both money and manpower.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team would be a consolidation of tactical personnel and resources from Muskego, New Berlin, Brookfield, Delafield, Mukwonago, Pewaukee, Hartland and Chenequa, if all the other jurisdictions approve.
Both Muskego and New Berlin have their own SWAT teams and the Lakes Area Critical Incident Team covered the rest of the communities, except for the village of Mukwonago.
Training has gotten increasingly expensive with advances in technology. The cost has become difficult for one department to afford, officials say.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)