Both Muskego and New Berlin approved joining a consolidated SWAT team that would save their police departments both money and manpower.
The Suburban Critical Incident Team would be a consolidation of tactical personnel and resources from Muskego, New Berlin, Brookfield, Delafield, Mukwonago, Pewaukee, Hartland and Chenequa, if all the other jurisdictions approve.
Both Muskego and New Berlin have their own SWAT teams and the Lakes Area Critical Incident Team covered the rest of the communities, except for the village of Mukwonago.
Training has gotten increasingly expensive with advances in technology. The cost has become difficult for one department to afford, officials say.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities