In what New Berlin City Clerk Kari Morgan calls another initiative to increase government transparency and communication with the community, people will be able to watch live as election results are entered onto a spread sheet for Tuesday's primary election.
Five mayoral candidates are vying for two spots in the general election on April 2.
The results can be viewed live on the city's cable channel 25 or on the city's website.
Results will be entered by ward into a results spreadsheet with live polling location results first and absentee (or central count) results second. Finally, the results will be merged for a total outcome.
To view the process on computers through live streaming, people can copy and paste the link into their Internet browsers. The link is http://meetings.newberlin.org/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=902&doctype=AGENDA
Or they can logon to the city's website at newberlin.org and click on the minutes/agendas/meeting videos link.
Or those with cable television can tune in to the city's cable channel 25.
Results will start to be entered after the polls close at 8 p.m.
The final election results spreadsheet will be posted on the city's website following election day at http://www.newberlin.org/index.aspx?NID=516.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident to present donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church
- Local exterminator honored for pest control prowess
- How much will prom night cost?