I am running to return as mayor of the city of New Berlin. This campaign is rooted in passion for our city and respect for our residents. As the race began, I called the incumbent mayor, each alderman, and other mayoral candidates to explain I am not running "against" anyone but rather for a new vision for New Berlin, and that I will run a vigorous and positive campaign. Seven weeks of door-to-door campaigning have reinforced these values.
As I meet residents, I ask for their priorities and tell them about my values. Most people bring up specific examples of their concerns, many of which have been covered in the media. What residents tell me they expect of their local officials could be summarized as: maintaining the rural character of the west side; well-located, upscale development that increases the tax base; improved early communication about proposed developments; common sense infrastructure improvements; and conservative fiscal policy with full accountability to taxpayers.
The best elected officials work together. I would like to hear from as many residents and business owners as possible to know your priorities and to ask your advice. I would be grateful for anyone to call me directly at (262) 613-5670 or email me at MC@LanserForMayor.com and hope to work with residents, corporate citizens, aldermen and staff as part of a new vision for New Berlin.
Mary Claire Lanser
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving range dropped from New Berlin Hills' master plan (1)
- New Berlin School District taxpayers would get bang for buck
- New Berlin School Board approves $3.2 million Eisenhower pool renovation (4)
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- Students rebuild vintage racing machine
- Something old, something new at New Berlin Historical Society event on June 21
- Boat for vets, disabled inoperable after suspected joyride on New Berlin lake
- New Berlin approves commercial building, blocks access to subdivision (1)
- Stanek Tool of New Berlin promotes apprenterships to ease skills gaps
- New Berlin Ike grad wins data contest at Duke