Dave Ament is on the ballot for mayor in New Berlin. He has been the 7th District alderman for 12 years. Dave and his wife, Peggy, grew up in New Berlin, raised their family here and regularly attended city meetings. Through the years they have always given back to the community.
In the late 90s, the New Berlin Chamber of Commerce was bankrupt and abandoned. The Aments, with the support of other business owners, stepped in and were able to clear the debt and put the chamber back in business again. Think of the New Berlin Chamber of Commerce when you visit the farmers market on Saturdays. During that same time, the Aments learned that the city needed a new ambulance and the funds were not in the city budget. The Aments organized a fundraiser to purchase a new ambulance to fulfill the needs of the city. With the generous financial support from the residents and businesses, the city was able to purchase a new ambulance.
After Dave was elected alderman, he worked with New Berlin Assistant Fire Chief Scott Gillard and the state of Wisconsin and RN/EMT-P Paramedic Coordinator Cathy Etter to start the paramedic program in New Berlin and passionately supported the program to its present 24/7 coverage.
For years the Aments have volunteered and supported many programs including the Fourth of July parade and festival, the Christmas parade, soap box derby, historical society and organized and sponsored the New Berlin Memorial Day ceremonies at Highland Memorial Park Cemetery since 1999.
With Dave Ament's leadership, New Berlin will be a better place to live, raise a family and care for our senior residents.
Please join me and vote Dave Ament for mayor on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving range dropped from New Berlin Hills' master plan (1)
- New Berlin School District taxpayers would get bang for buck
- New Berlin School Board approves $3.2 million Eisenhower pool renovation (4)
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- Students rebuild vintage racing machine
- Something old, something new at New Berlin Historical Society event on June 21
- Boat for vets, disabled inoperable after suspected joyride on New Berlin lake
- New Berlin approves commercial building, blocks access to subdivision (1)
- Stanek Tool of New Berlin promotes apprenterships to ease skills gaps
- New Berlin Ike grad wins data contest at Duke