With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM
- Waukesha won't provide fire services to New Berlin
- New Berlin explores response time solutions for west side
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- So far, New Berlin likes Kohler Ridge conservation subdivision plan
- Art, wine and beer mix for outdoor New Berlin exhibit
- Waukesha could give fire assistance to New Berlin
- New BBQ place is smoking at New Berlin City Center