New Berlin Alderwoman Deena Liska filed a notice of noncandidacy with the city today.
Liska represents the 5th District in New Berlin.
Incumbents who are not seeking re-election were required to file the notice by 5 p.m. today. If an incumbent decides to run for office after filing such notification, he or she can run for re-election by filing appropriate ballot access papers by the normal deadline.
All candidates seeking election must file completed nomination papers by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The following seats are up for election on April 2: mayor, District 1 Alderman, District 3 Alderman, District 5 Alderman, District 7 Alderman and municipal judge. If a primary election is necessary, it will be held on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)