New Berlin Alderwoman Deena Liska filed a notice of noncandidacy with the city today.
Liska represents the 5th District in New Berlin.
Incumbents who are not seeking re-election were required to file the notice by 5 p.m. today. If an incumbent decides to run for office after filing such notification, he or she can run for re-election by filing appropriate ballot access papers by the normal deadline.
All candidates seeking election must file completed nomination papers by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The following seats are up for election on April 2: mayor, District 1 Alderman, District 3 Alderman, District 5 Alderman, District 7 Alderman and municipal judge. If a primary election is necessary, it will be held on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Water farmers' join New Berlin's farming community
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Former Falls Village President's son dies in tragic Florida car accident
- Tornado watch in effect
- Waukesha man charged in crash at New Berlin Animal Hospital
- Business as usual, despite vehicle slamming into animal hospital
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ends high-speed pursuit
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ending early morning high speed pursuit
- Crush wine bar in downtown Waukesha will hold weekend full of events
- Firefighter of the Year hails from New Berlin Fire Department