New Berlin Alderwoman Deena Liska filed a notice of noncandidacy with the city today.
Liska represents the 5th District in New Berlin.
Incumbents who are not seeking re-election were required to file the notice by 5 p.m. today. If an incumbent decides to run for office after filing such notification, he or she can run for re-election by filing appropriate ballot access papers by the normal deadline.
All candidates seeking election must file completed nomination papers by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The following seats are up for election on April 2: mayor, District 1 Alderman, District 3 Alderman, District 5 Alderman, District 7 Alderman and municipal judge. If a primary election is necessary, it will be held on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Character' coach named New Berlin Citizen of the Year
- New Berlin seeks policy for taxing units promoting development
- Fees shoot up for New Berlin recreation swim lessons, pool classes
- New Berlin sets hearing on proposed zero-increase property tax budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- No speakers at New Berlin schools' hearing on $5.1 million borrowing
- New Berlin Food Pantry to receive $10,000 from Hormel plant
- Lawyer turned missionary to hold fourth run/walk
- New Berlin CDA approves accessible housing grant program
- Parking lot paving starting any time at New Berlin's Valley View Park