New Berlin Alderwoman Deena Liska filed a notice of noncandidacy with the city today.
Liska represents the 5th District in New Berlin.
Incumbents who are not seeking re-election were required to file the notice by 5 p.m. today. If an incumbent decides to run for office after filing such notification, he or she can run for re-election by filing appropriate ballot access papers by the normal deadline.
All candidates seeking election must file completed nomination papers by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The following seats are up for election on April 2: mayor, District 1 Alderman, District 3 Alderman, District 5 Alderman, District 7 Alderman and municipal judge. If a primary election is necessary, it will be held on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Southeast New Berlin gas station becoming a robbery target
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- New Berlin librarian leaves an improved facility and grateful staff
- Police Report: April 14
- New Berlin, Muskego officials ask Madison lawmakers for relief from stormwater tax
- New Berlin incumbent alderman defeated by former Illinois mayor
- New Berlin man sentenced to prison in drug death case
- 'The Female Odd Couple' to play at New Berlin West