New Berlin Alderwoman Deena Liska filed a notice of noncandidacy with the city today.
Liska represents the 5th District in New Berlin.
Incumbents who are not seeking re-election were required to file the notice by 5 p.m. today. If an incumbent decides to run for office after filing such notification, he or she can run for re-election by filing appropriate ballot access papers by the normal deadline.
All candidates seeking election must file completed nomination papers by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The following seats are up for election on April 2: mayor, District 1 Alderman, District 3 Alderman, District 5 Alderman, District 7 Alderman and municipal judge. If a primary election is necessary, it will be held on Feb. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school
- Panel mulls fixing cemetery
- Proposed school purchase clears major hurdle in New Berlin
- Cleveland-Calhoun project in New Berlin delayed a year
- Local derby keeps rolling on
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- New Berlin school building projects dominated district annual meeting