Even though the Muskego and New Berlin city halls will be closed for the holidays, people can still pay their property taxes.
The Muskego City Hall will be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, but people can put their tax bills into drop boxes outside City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave., and the Muskego Library, W16663 Janesville Road.
All tax bills placed in the drop boxes through Jan. 1 will have receipt dates of Dec. 31.
Muskego residents can also pay their taxes through December at U.S. Bank, North Shore Bank, Waukesha State Bank, Harris Bank and Citizens Bank of Mukwonago. Taxpayers also can pay from checking or savings accounts for free or with a credit card for a fee.
In New Berlin, City Hall, 3805 S. Casper Drive, will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays for people to pay their taxes, although it will be closed Dec. 24 and 25. City Hall will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 31 before closing until Jan. 2.
But New Berlin also has drop boxes outside City Hall for tax bills.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought