A New Berlin Eisenhower High School student has admitted to making the bomb threats at the school Sept. 25 and 27, New Berlin police announced.
An investigation led School Resource Officer Steve Dodson to the suspect. It has not been determined why the threats were made, police said. Charges will be referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for review.
The student was not in school Friday, according to a letter that was sent to parents. Due to student confidentiality laws, the school is unable to disclose further details about the student, the letter states.
Both threats were scrawled on bathroom stalls. The first, on Sept. 25, was found shortly before school was to be dismissed. After students left for the day, police swept the building to be sure no bomb was there.
The Sept. 27 threat was discovered at midday and the school went into lockdown. Evacuation wasn't deemed necessary because of the nature of the threat, Principal Michael Fesenmaier said earlier. Again the school was swept and no bomb was found. The sweep was shortly after 1 p.m. and regular activities resumed shortly after 2 p.m.
The police investigation revealed that the student did not have the ability or means to carry out the threat, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Water farmers' join New Berlin's farming community
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Former Falls Village President's son dies in tragic Florida car accident
- Tornado watch in effect
- Waukesha man charged in crash at New Berlin Animal Hospital
- Business as usual, despite vehicle slamming into animal hospital
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ends high-speed pursuit
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ending early morning high speed pursuit
- Crush wine bar in downtown Waukesha will hold weekend full of events
- Firefighter of the Year hails from New Berlin Fire Department