The semifinal votes have been counted and Wauwatosa and New Berlin have emerged to face off this week for the right to be named the best place to live in the suburban Milwaukee area.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa cruised into the finals of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest, earning 61 percent of the vote to 39 percent for fourth-seeded Waukesha.
New Berlin, a second seed, earned its spot in the finals by defeating No. 1 Brookfield, 54-46.
Voting continues until 9 a.m. Thursday at www.mycommunitynow.com/burbs.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
WHAT: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
WHO: Communities still alive are New Berlin and Wauwatosa.
HOW: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)