The semifinal votes have been counted and Wauwatosa and New Berlin have emerged to face off this week for the right to be named the best place to live in the suburban Milwaukee area.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa cruised into the finals of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest, earning 61 percent of the vote to 39 percent for fourth-seeded Waukesha.
New Berlin, a second seed, earned its spot in the finals by defeating No. 1 Brookfield, 54-46.
Voting continues until 9 a.m. Thursday at www.mycommunitynow.com/burbs.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
WHAT: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
WHO: Communities still alive are New Berlin and Wauwatosa.
HOW: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship