The semifinal votes have been counted and Wauwatosa and New Berlin have emerged to face off this week for the right to be named the best place to live in the suburban Milwaukee area.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa cruised into the finals of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest, earning 61 percent of the vote to 39 percent for fourth-seeded Waukesha.
New Berlin, a second seed, earned its spot in the finals by defeating No. 1 Brookfield, 54-46.
Voting continues until 9 a.m. Thursday at www.mycommunitynow.com/burbs.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
WHAT: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
WHO: Communities still alive are New Berlin and Wauwatosa.
HOW: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fixing New Berlin Eisenhower swimming pool among school recommendations
- New trash, recycle pickup policy in New Berlin on April 1
- Suburban bus services expands for Milwaukee workers
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups