The semifinal votes have been counted and Wauwatosa and New Berlin have emerged to face off this week for the right to be named the best place to live in the suburban Milwaukee area.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa cruised into the finals of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest, earning 61 percent of the vote to 39 percent for fourth-seeded Waukesha.
New Berlin, a second seed, earned its spot in the finals by defeating No. 1 Brookfield, 54-46.
Voting continues until 9 a.m. Thursday at www.mycommunitynow.com/burbs.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
WHAT: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
WHO: Communities still alive are New Berlin and Wauwatosa.
HOW: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought