The Muskego Common Council on Tuesday unanimously approved to proceed with a $30,000 business marketing plan that will assess business elements and needs in the city.
The plan hopes to bring awareness of businesses desires for development and help the city pinpoint areas best suited for industry.
Also, the city again reiterated the benefits of the proposed park on Little Muskego Lake and its attractiveness for businesses - perhaps ultimately leading to the development of a "downtown" area in Muskego. The council approved this proposal 4-2.
Consultant firm Vierbicher/Voltedge, chosen by the Community Development Authority, will assist the city with the business marketing plan, which will start immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Water farmers' join New Berlin's farming community
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Former Falls Village President's son dies in tragic Florida car accident
- Tornado watch in effect
- Waukesha man charged in crash at New Berlin Animal Hospital
- Business as usual, despite vehicle slamming into animal hospital
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ends high-speed pursuit
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ending early morning high speed pursuit
- Crush wine bar in downtown Waukesha will hold weekend full of events
- Firefighter of the Year hails from New Berlin Fire Department