Jordan Heller will use his Eagle Scout project to honor New Berlin's veterans.
A member of Boy Scout Troop 93, Heller created a project that includes a 45-minute video of interviews, stories and recollections of local veterans as well as a booklet containing pictures and historical information.
With help from other members of Troop 93, Heller collected various materials, including interviews, over many months. They also recorded many hours of video, which was later edited into a more concise presentation.
His efforts, titled "Multimedia Tribute to the Veterans of New Berlin," will be publicly unveiled at 7 p.m. Thursday at VFW Post 5716, 17980 W. Beloit Road. Cake and coffee will be served after the program.
The project will also be on display at the VFW post and the New Berlin Public Library's Veterans History Room and will be presented to a history class at New Berlin Eisenhower High School, where Heller is a senior.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue