Jordan Heller will use his Eagle Scout project to honor New Berlin's veterans.
A member of Boy Scout Troop 93, Heller created a project that includes a 45-minute video of interviews, stories and recollections of local veterans as well as a booklet containing pictures and historical information.
With help from other members of Troop 93, Heller collected various materials, including interviews, over many months. They also recorded many hours of video, which was later edited into a more concise presentation.
His efforts, titled "Multimedia Tribute to the Veterans of New Berlin," will be publicly unveiled at 7 p.m. Thursday at VFW Post 5716, 17980 W. Beloit Road. Cake and coffee will be served after the program.
The project will also be on display at the VFW post and the New Berlin Public Library's Veterans History Room and will be presented to a history class at New Berlin Eisenhower High School, where Heller is a senior.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Babies develop language skills with sign in New Berlin
- Get your hot dog on at Orchard Lane Elementary party
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet