Jordan Heller will use his Eagle Scout project to honor New Berlin's veterans.
A member of Boy Scout Troop 93, Heller created a project that includes a 45-minute video of interviews, stories and recollections of local veterans as well as a booklet containing pictures and historical information.
With help from other members of Troop 93, Heller collected various materials, including interviews, over many months. They also recorded many hours of video, which was later edited into a more concise presentation.
His efforts, titled "Multimedia Tribute to the Veterans of New Berlin," will be publicly unveiled at 7 p.m. Thursday at VFW Post 5716, 17980 W. Beloit Road. Cake and coffee will be served after the program.
The project will also be on display at the VFW post and the New Berlin Public Library's Veterans History Room and will be presented to a history class at New Berlin Eisenhower High School, where Heller is a senior.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case