The Muskego Common Council last night extended an offer to buy 108 acres of prime conservation land adjacent to the 27-acre Ridges conservation area, north of Field Drive and west of Hillendale Drive.
The $1,243,648 offer is contingent on the city receiving a state Department of Natural Resources grant, though it is unclear how much of the purchase price the grant would cover. The city has had property appraised.
Officials say conserving the land, owned by Nancy Borst, is important because it has areas identified as conservation and acquisition priorities in the city's Parks & Conservation Plan and its 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- New Berlin students won regional Scholastic Art Awards for 55 works of art, with 11 art pieces advan
- Two new eateries opening in New Berlin
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015