The Muskego Common Council last night extended an offer to buy 108 acres of prime conservation land adjacent to the 27-acre Ridges conservation area, north of Field Drive and west of Hillendale Drive.
The $1,243,648 offer is contingent on the city receiving a state Department of Natural Resources grant, though it is unclear how much of the purchase price the grant would cover. The city has had property appraised.
Officials say conserving the land, owned by Nancy Borst, is important because it has areas identified as conservation and acquisition priorities in the city's Parks & Conservation Plan and its 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community Fourth of July festivities in 2016
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016