New Berlin has selected a contractor to do all the preliminary site and engineering work that's needed to firm up a proposal for a splash pad water attraction at Malone Park.
SAA Design Group Inc. was awarded the contract for up to $29,958 last night by the Common Council.
The firm will provide details short of actual project plans and construction documents, but will complete at least a conceptual design for the splashpad, trail, playground, and parking areas. The analysis will also explore options and certain details, such as how the water should be recirculated.
SAA will also provide marketing assistance to the New Berlin Junior Woman's Club, which is trying to raise funds for the project.
The splash pad is a water play area in which children run past fixtures that squirt or pour water on them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving range dropped from New Berlin Hills' master plan (1)
- New Berlin School District taxpayers would get bang for buck
- New Berlin School Board approves $3.2 million Eisenhower pool renovation (4)
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- Students rebuild vintage racing machine
- Something old, something new at New Berlin Historical Society event on June 21
- Boat for vets, disabled inoperable after suspected joyride on New Berlin lake
- New Berlin approves commercial building, blocks access to subdivision (1)
- Stanek Tool of New Berlin promotes apprenterships to ease skills gaps
- New Berlin Ike grad wins data contest at Duke