Muskego as another chance to create a park on Little Muskego Lake to boost lakeside recreation and provide lake views to motorists as part of a broader development project.
Last night, a developer offered the city the opportunity to buy two lots at Janesville and Pioneer roads, an area that was home to Muskego Beach and DandiLion Park, once a major tourist attraction along the lake.
The lots currently have houses on them, but attorney Gerald Boisits, representing developer Ener-Con Companies of Greenfield, told the Muskego Common Council that the owners are willing to sell.
The area is is roughly on the same site where another much larger park was proposed last year. That idea failed mainly because it was too big and too expensive and it required razing some nice homes. The current proposal is smaller and presumably less expensive, although no asking price has been discussed for the two homes assessed at $3.5 million.
In addition to the park, the development could include new homes.
On the lot just west of the two offered for the park, Ener-Con hopes to build a gated community of four homes close to the lake. That plan also includes a fifth building close to Janesville Road that would have commercial on the first floor with residential on top. An existing home east of the park lots would be left as a buffer to the Bay Breeze condominiums located further east.
The idea will go to the Park and Recreation Board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 12 which will evaluate whether the city wants a park in that location. A positive recommendation is expected, as the Park Board also gave its blessings to the larger park last year.
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship
- Army officer who lost legs to give motivational talks in New Berlin
- Possible scam might be targeting New Berlin businesses