The Burger King restaurant that closed more than a month ago in the Sendik's New Berlin Plaza, 3500 S. Moorland Road, likely will be replaced with a doughnut shop and an AT&T office, officials said.
Plans call for the Burger King building to be razed and a new building about the same size to be built there near the Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants, which will be unaffected by the change.
The New Berlin Plan Commission gave its blessings Monday, and the Architectural Review Subcommittee is expected to approve an awning modification next Aug. 1. That is the last city approval needed.
While final details must still be worked out, Dunkin' Donuts is interested in the site, officials said.
- Gun jams, saving life of clerk during New Berlin gas station robbery
- New Berlin Library offers photo class to 'capture New Berlin'
- New Berlin to almost double its complement of voting machines
- New Berlin Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016