The Burger King restaurant that closed more than a month ago in the Sendik's New Berlin Plaza, 3500 S. Moorland Road, likely will be replaced with a doughnut shop and an AT&T office, officials said.
Plans call for the Burger King building to be razed and a new building about the same size to be built there near the Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants, which will be unaffected by the change.
The New Berlin Plan Commission gave its blessings Monday, and the Architectural Review Subcommittee is expected to approve an awning modification next Aug. 1. That is the last city approval needed.
While final details must still be worked out, Dunkin' Donuts is interested in the site, officials said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical
- Former New Berlin Eisenhower student charged with intent to deliver at school
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market