The Burger King restaurant that closed more than a month ago in the Sendik's New Berlin Plaza, 3500 S. Moorland Road, likely will be replaced with a doughnut shop and an AT&T office, officials said.
Plans call for the Burger King building to be razed and a new building about the same size to be built there near the Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants, which will be unaffected by the change.
The New Berlin Plan Commission gave its blessings Monday, and the Architectural Review Subcommittee is expected to approve an awning modification next Aug. 1. That is the last city approval needed.
While final details must still be worked out, Dunkin' Donuts is interested in the site, officials said.
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship