The Burger King restaurant that closed more than a month ago in the Sendik's New Berlin Plaza, 3500 S. Moorland Road, likely will be replaced with a doughnut shop and an AT&T office, officials said.
Plans call for the Burger King building to be razed and a new building about the same size to be built there near the Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants, which will be unaffected by the change.
The New Berlin Plan Commission gave its blessings Monday, and the Architectural Review Subcommittee is expected to approve an awning modification next Aug. 1. That is the last city approval needed.
While final details must still be worked out, Dunkin' Donuts is interested in the site, officials said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church
- Local exterminator honored for pest control prowess