The Burger King restaurant that closed more than a month ago in the Sendik's New Berlin Plaza, 3500 S. Moorland Road, likely will be replaced with a doughnut shop and an AT&T office, officials said.
Plans call for the Burger King building to be razed and a new building about the same size to be built there near the Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants, which will be unaffected by the change.
The New Berlin Plan Commission gave its blessings Monday, and the Architectural Review Subcommittee is expected to approve an awning modification next Aug. 1. That is the last city approval needed.
While final details must still be worked out, Dunkin' Donuts is interested in the site, officials said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue