Lakeview Elementary School Principal Dawn Marisch will not be well enough by fall to return to her duties, due to a sudden medical emergency that almost took her life last month.
Muskego-Norway School District officials had hoped that she would be able to return by the start of school, but now it looks like Marisch will not be ready to return until late December.
So, she and former Lakeview principal Alan Groth will switch jobs, the School Board decided.
Groth was Lakeview's principal for nine years before becoming director of student learning in 2007. And Marisch has excellent potential to be successful in a curriculum and instruction role at the district level, Superintendent Joe Schroeder wrote in a letter Monday to Lakeview parents. That position also gives flexibility for a gradual return to work as opposed to the job of principal with its daily demands, Schroeder said.
Marisch will report to Tammy Kapp, director of school performance, he said.
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Joe Garza Joins LindenGrove Board of Directors
- New Berlin grandfather pleads guilty to 4th-degree sexual assault
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 16, 2016
- Weekly car show ignites in New Berlin