Lakeview Elementary School Principal Dawn Marisch will not be well enough by fall to return to her duties, due to a sudden medical emergency that almost took her life last month.
Muskego-Norway School District officials had hoped that she would be able to return by the start of school, but now it looks like Marisch will not be ready to return until late December.
So, she and former Lakeview principal Alan Groth will switch jobs, the School Board decided.
Groth was Lakeview's principal for nine years before becoming director of student learning in 2007. And Marisch has excellent potential to be successful in a curriculum and instruction role at the district level, Superintendent Joe Schroeder wrote in a letter Monday to Lakeview parents. That position also gives flexibility for a gradual return to work as opposed to the job of principal with its daily demands, Schroeder said.
Marisch will report to Tammy Kapp, director of school performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue