Lakeview Elementary School Principal Dawn Marisch will not be well enough by fall to return to her duties, due to a sudden medical emergency that almost took her life last month.
Muskego-Norway School District officials had hoped that she would be able to return by the start of school, but now it looks like Marisch will not be ready to return until late December.
So, she and former Lakeview principal Alan Groth will switch jobs, the School Board decided.
Groth was Lakeview's principal for nine years before becoming director of student learning in 2007. And Marisch has excellent potential to be successful in a curriculum and instruction role at the district level, Superintendent Joe Schroeder wrote in a letter Monday to Lakeview parents. That position also gives flexibility for a gradual return to work as opposed to the job of principal with its daily demands, Schroeder said.
Marisch will report to Tammy Kapp, director of school performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case