Lakeview Elementary School Principal Dawn Marisch will not be well enough by fall to return to her duties, due to a sudden medical emergency that almost took her life last month.
Muskego-Norway School District officials had hoped that she would be able to return by the start of school, but now it looks like Marisch will not be ready to return until late December.
So, she and former Lakeview principal Alan Groth will switch jobs, the School Board decided.
Groth was Lakeview's principal for nine years before becoming director of student learning in 2007. And Marisch has excellent potential to be successful in a curriculum and instruction role at the district level, Superintendent Joe Schroeder wrote in a letter Monday to Lakeview parents. That position also gives flexibility for a gradual return to work as opposed to the job of principal with its daily demands, Schroeder said.
Marisch will report to Tammy Kapp, director of school performance, he said.
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship
- Army officer who lost legs to give motivational talks in New Berlin
- Possible scam might be targeting New Berlin businesses