Lakeview Elementary School Principal Dawn Marisch will not be well enough by fall to return to her duties, due to a sudden medical emergency that almost took her life last month.
Muskego-Norway School District officials had hoped that she would be able to return by the start of school, but now it looks like Marisch will not be ready to return until late December.
So, she and former Lakeview principal Alan Groth will switch jobs, the School Board decided.
Groth was Lakeview's principal for nine years before becoming director of student learning in 2007. And Marisch has excellent potential to be successful in a curriculum and instruction role at the district level, Superintendent Joe Schroeder wrote in a letter Monday to Lakeview parents. That position also gives flexibility for a gradual return to work as opposed to the job of principal with its daily demands, Schroeder said.
Marisch will report to Tammy Kapp, director of school performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New BBQ place at is smoking at New Berlin City Center
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Community calendar
- Female engineering pupils sought through Learning Rx in New Berlin
- Costly body cameras draw police interest
- Muskego, New Berlin adjust to photo ID
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school