The Muskego-Norway School Board reached a consensus Monday night to hold a second referendum on an elementary school consolidation and update plan.
The board will vote Aug. 8 on a resolution asking voters for permission to borrow up to $29.9 million for the update. It involves closing the two oldest elementary schools - Tess Corners and Muskego elementary schools - and building a new elementary school and adding onto Mill Valley Elementary School.
The $29.9 million is a lower price tag than the $34 million referendum that failed in balloting last November. School officials were able to chop the price down by modifying the addition at Mill Valley.
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Joe Garza Joins LindenGrove Board of Directors
- New Berlin grandfather pleads guilty to 4th-degree sexual assault
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 16, 2016
- Weekly car show ignites in New Berlin