The Muskego-Norway School Board reached a consensus Monday night to hold a second referendum on an elementary school consolidation and update plan.
The board will vote Aug. 8 on a resolution asking voters for permission to borrow up to $29.9 million for the update. It involves closing the two oldest elementary schools - Tess Corners and Muskego elementary schools - and building a new elementary school and adding onto Mill Valley Elementary School.
The $29.9 million is a lower price tag than the $34 million referendum that failed in balloting last November. School officials were able to chop the price down by modifying the addition at Mill Valley.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Hills golf course neighbors speak to council about concerns over a new driving range
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending