The Muskego-Norway School Board reached a consensus Monday night to hold a second referendum on an elementary school consolidation and update plan.
The board will vote Aug. 8 on a resolution asking voters for permission to borrow up to $29.9 million for the update. It involves closing the two oldest elementary schools - Tess Corners and Muskego elementary schools - and building a new elementary school and adding onto Mill Valley Elementary School.
The $29.9 million is a lower price tag than the $34 million referendum that failed in balloting last November. School officials were able to chop the price down by modifying the addition at Mill Valley.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought