The Muskego-Norway School Board reached a consensus Monday night to hold a second referendum on an elementary school consolidation and update plan.
The board will vote Aug. 8 on a resolution asking voters for permission to borrow up to $29.9 million for the update. It involves closing the two oldest elementary schools - Tess Corners and Muskego elementary schools - and building a new elementary school and adding onto Mill Valley Elementary School.
The $29.9 million is a lower price tag than the $34 million referendum that failed in balloting last November. School officials were able to chop the price down by modifying the addition at Mill Valley.
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship
- Army officer who lost legs to give motivational talks in New Berlin
- Possible scam might be targeting New Berlin businesses
- New Berlin theatrical productions win statewide recognition
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Honor flight has large local roster
- School Scene: May 19, 2016
- Campus News: May 19, 2016
- New Berlin Police blotter: May 19, 2015