The Muskego-Norway School Board reached a consensus Monday night to hold a second referendum on an elementary school consolidation and update plan.
The board will vote Aug. 8 on a resolution asking voters for permission to borrow up to $29.9 million for the update. It involves closing the two oldest elementary schools - Tess Corners and Muskego elementary schools - and building a new elementary school and adding onto Mill Valley Elementary School.
The $29.9 million is a lower price tag than the $34 million referendum that failed in balloting last November. School officials were able to chop the price down by modifying the addition at Mill Valley.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market
- New Berlin and Muskego Police Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- Michelle Witmer Memorial Drive construction to test New Berlin drivers
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16