The boyfriend of New Berlin Mayor Jack Chiovatero's daughter has been charged with stealing property from the mayor's home.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, the boyfriend, Cory Naber, 21, faces a felony charge in connection with the theft of a 9mm pistol from the mayor's bedstand.
He also has been charged with misdemeanor theft of other undisclosed property. But the complaint notes that the defendant admitted stealing $190 cash, an iPod, a violin, a bass guitar and jewelry from the home since May.
Naber told police that he traded the iPod for two oxycodone pills. He denies taking the gun, however.
Naber also is charged with theft of a .357 Magnum revolver from his father's home in New Berlin.
The complaint says that Naber confessed to stealing the gun and trading it to a drug dealer in Milwaukee for 1.5 grams of heroin. Gun theft is considered a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)