The boyfriend of New Berlin Mayor Jack Chiovatero's daughter has been charged with stealing property from the mayor's home.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, the boyfriend, Cory Naber, 21, faces a felony charge in connection with the theft of a 9mm pistol from the mayor's bedstand.
He also has been charged with misdemeanor theft of other undisclosed property. But the complaint notes that the defendant admitted stealing $190 cash, an iPod, a violin, a bass guitar and jewelry from the home since May.
Naber told police that he traded the iPod for two oxycodone pills. He denies taking the gun, however.
Naber also is charged with theft of a .357 Magnum revolver from his father's home in New Berlin.
The complaint says that Naber confessed to stealing the gun and trading it to a drug dealer in Milwaukee for 1.5 grams of heroin. Gun theft is considered a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin manufacturer in business since 1956 closes down
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 7, 2015
- New Berlin officer honored for saving life during vehicle fire
- New Berlin man got more than he bargained for when hiring escort (4)
- Falls high school student reportedly pushed to ground by school resource officer
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- Local aviation businessman to address entrepreneurial conference
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Eisenhower, New Berlin West both deemed among most challenging
- Soccer teams help fallen player