The boyfriend of New Berlin Mayor Jack Chiovatero's daughter has been charged with stealing property from the mayor's home.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, the boyfriend, Cory Naber, 21, faces a felony charge in connection with the theft of a 9mm pistol from the mayor's bedstand.
He also has been charged with misdemeanor theft of other undisclosed property. But the complaint notes that the defendant admitted stealing $190 cash, an iPod, a violin, a bass guitar and jewelry from the home since May.
Naber told police that he traded the iPod for two oxycodone pills. He denies taking the gun, however.
Naber also is charged with theft of a .357 Magnum revolver from his father's home in New Berlin.
The complaint says that Naber confessed to stealing the gun and trading it to a drug dealer in Milwaukee for 1.5 grams of heroin. Gun theft is considered a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case