The boyfriend of New Berlin Mayor Jack Chiovatero's daughter has been charged with stealing property from the mayor's home.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, the boyfriend, Cory Naber, 21, faces a felony charge in connection with the theft of a 9mm pistol from the mayor's bedstand.
He also has been charged with misdemeanor theft of other undisclosed property. But the complaint notes that the defendant admitted stealing $190 cash, an iPod, a violin, a bass guitar and jewelry from the home since May.
Naber told police that he traded the iPod for two oxycodone pills. He denies taking the gun, however.
Naber also is charged with theft of a .357 Magnum revolver from his father's home in New Berlin.
The complaint says that Naber confessed to stealing the gun and trading it to a drug dealer in Milwaukee for 1.5 grams of heroin. Gun theft is considered a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 12 months bring stores, restaurants, business to New Berlin
- New Berlin's Glen Park reopens as Heritage Christian Schools
- New Berlin-based Sportsman Channel gives official closing announcement
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July