The boyfriend of New Berlin Mayor Jack Chiovatero's daughter has been charged with stealing property from the mayor's home.
According to the criminal complaint filed Monday by the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, the boyfriend, Cory Naber, 21, faces a felony charge in connection with the theft of a 9mm pistol from the mayor's bedstand.
He also has been charged with misdemeanor theft of other undisclosed property. But the complaint notes that the defendant admitted stealing $190 cash, an iPod, a violin, a bass guitar and jewelry from the home since May.
Naber told police that he traded the iPod for two oxycodone pills. He denies taking the gun, however.
Naber also is charged with theft of a .357 Magnum revolver from his father's home in New Berlin.
The complaint says that Naber confessed to stealing the gun and trading it to a drug dealer in Milwaukee for 1.5 grams of heroin. Gun theft is considered a felony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One family's story of poverty
- Special report: Poverty spills into schools in every corner of southeast metro area (4)
- Probe of possible New Berlin teacher, student sexual contact continues
- Burglaries, car theft among New Berlin, Muskego cases in courts
- Police blotter: Feb. 4
- Inclusive playground to replace splashpad plan in New Berlin
- Beloved musical, 'Dreamcoat,' to open at New Berlin West PAC on Friday
- Probe continues into alleged New Berlin West teacher misconduct (1)
- BuySeasons of New Berlin to permanently lay off 128 employees
- New Berlin, Junior Woman's Club shelve splashpad, favor playground